Withdrawals!

It has been about week at home, and it feels like the longest week ever! I miss Italy and Spain more and more by the day. I constantly find myself scrolling through pictures, watching videos, and calling up my new friends. I am experiencing the very common post study abroad sadness, and this feeling is too real. Now i am just looking forward to starting my second to last semester in New Paltz.

I am so thankful to have been given this opportunity to go abroad. It was the best experience of my life and I have learned so much about, not only other cultures, but about myself. I grew a certain type of confidence I would not have been able to find elsewhere. I was constantly taken out of my comfort zone and I loved every second of it. This program has also led me to build strong friendships and so many connections. I have seen some of the most beautiful places in Europe and walked through streets full of history. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it has been a crazy journey. Everything felt so surreal, and now I am back to reality.

Christina Wang is a finance major with a minor in law along with a strong artistic background. She is very excited to head to Italy this summer and assimilate into their culture and arts.