Settling In

Now that I am experiencing my first full week of classes I have finally begun to get into a rhythm and things seem to be settling down. Up until last week everything seemed surreal and I almost felt as if I was in some sort of weird limbo. Now things definitely feel more settled in and I am becoming ever more familiar with my surroundings. Since my last post, there has been no big touristy trips and I have spent most of my time on campus, going to class and meeting new people. However, it is nice because I am getting to experience the city of Cairo for what it is, rather than feel like an absolute tourist (even though I still stick out of any of the city streets). But finding good restaurants, great food and freshly squeezed mango juice has become something to look forward to everyday.
For now this is just a short post, I will most likely have more to post next week. Below are pictures of the juice bar and of the fresh squeezed juice, which is everywhere. Also I decided to post some pictures of the campus seeing as it is kind of my new home. The pictures do not do justice to the beautiful brand new half a billion dollar campus which they have built out here in “New Cairo” but it is just a snapshot of a spectacular miniature city.

Alexander, a junior, is double majoring in Sociology and International Relations. He is very excited to study in Cairo and learn more about the culture and language.