Food, Public Transportation, and Culture Shock, oh my!

It’s been a little over 3 weeks since I’ve arrived in London, and the biggest difference I’ve noticed is that no one smiles at people in the street. No one. Not even when you make accidental eye contact or run into someone. I’ve probably annoyed a couple people when I break out into that awkward smile, and all they do in return is stare me down. Sorry, I guess?
I’ve gotten used to using the bus system and the tube. I’ve never had to navigate public transportation before, and it’s a lot easier than I had thought it would be. Everything here is clearly mapped out and easy to follow, so I’ve got it down to pat by now.
On another note, I don’t eat red meat or chicken. And a lot of the classic British foods are meat based. So I’ve yet to have a classic Sunday roast, Shepard’s pie, bangers and mash, or anything that’s classically British. However, I have been able to get my hands on a couple servings of fish and chips for only a few pounds. Super cheap, super unhealthy, but so good. I can already tell I’m going to miss it when I go back home.

I'm studying film production at Kingston University in London, England. I love traveling, cats, and all types of food.