Returning Home

These past few weeks in Spain have been absolutely incredible! On one hand, I am happy to go home and see friends and family. On the other hand, however, I know it will be an adjustment settling back into the American lifestyle. I think living with a host mother helped me get accustomed to the lifestyle of northern Spain. Even though I have only been living here for a month, I already feel so knowledgeable about the culture and city of Oviedo. In fact, my parents came to visit and I was able to show them around the entire city, telling them stories as we passed each landmark. I am sure going to miss Oviedo and the wonderful experience that I had while studying here. If I could, I would study abroad again in a heartbeat. It may sound cheesy, but the people I met and memories I made were worth so much more than the six credits that I gained from the program.

I will be studying abroad with the SUNY New Paltz summer program in Oviedo, Spain for the month of July. I am a double major in Communication Disorders and Spanish and the six credits I will earn in Oviedo will count towards my Spanish major. Upon completing study abroad in Spain, I hope to become fully fluent in Spanish, which has been one of my top goals since childhood. My interests include crafting, cooking, yoga and being outdoors.