Last Week

It’s my last few days here in South Korea and it’s crazy how time flew by so quickly. I don’t want to leave. I’m used to my surroundings now it’s like I’ve been here for a year instead of just over a month. I’ve been so busy with classes and traveling it’s been hard to keep up with blogging (I sometimes forget to text my mom!)

Classes were a fun experience although tiring. I had two classes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and they were both three hours long. My first class was Korean Culture and Society which was really interesting as we learned a little about Korean history in the process. My second class was Intermediate Korean. During the first class I was overwhelmed a little by the fact that the professor spoke in Korean the whole time but it’s definitely helped me with my understanding of the language and I’m excited for that.

Tomorrow I have my finals for both class. It’s a little bittersweet, knowing that I’ll be done with class but it also marks the end of my time here in this country. I’m reluctant to leave.

I am an English major with a double minor in Creative Writing and Asian Studies. I love traveling and I'm very excited to spend my summer surrounded by a completely different culture and language!