Travel

In just three weeks, I have seen so much of London. I know how to get around on the Underground (the “Tube”) and the South West Trains. The highlight of my trips to the many museums has been the works of art, which until now, I’ve only seen in textbooks. There is nothing like seeing a beautiful painting in person. The Turner Collection, in Tate Britain, alone, is worth the trip here. Nearly every weekday, we travel into central London. During the walks that result from these excursions, I’ve seen many of the notable London landmarks: the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Westminster Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Borough Market, and the many bridges crossing the Thames. I even got to see the last remaining coaching tavern, The George Inn. Fun all around.  The photo above is a shot of the Underground.

I'm a senior second-degree student at SUNY New Paltz. I have a dual-major in art history and creative writing, and I'll be studying abroad at Kingston University, London, during the summer of 2016. I'll be taking a Literature of London course and a Museums and Galleries course.