One week down and many to go!

It was 6:45 am, 7 hours and 45 minutes when the plane landed in Paris, France on Wednesday September 2, 2015. My heart was pounding with excitement that I had finally made it to France. The long flight was worth the wait to see the beautiful country I had always dreamed of visiting and that I now have the opportunity to explore for four months!  As soon as I exited the plane, my ears were filled with the beautiful sound of people speaking French.

The first pic I took when I got out the plane!

First meal off the plane! It's called Croque Madame.

First meal off the plane! It’s called Croque Madame.

And with a blink of an eye, it’s been a week that I have arrived in Besancon, France. Where did the time go? This past week has been filled with lots of adventures and food. One of the first things I did was to explore the city of Besancon and try some of the popular foods in the area. Some of my favorite parts of Besancon that I am obsessed with already are: the public transportation system (it’s so cheap and reliable!!), their baguette sandwiches (especially from the Big Ban; a sandwich stand), and the center of town (which has lots of shops and restaurants to indulge in!).

The CLA: the university I am studying at

The Tram; one of the many buses in Besancon!

Capture5

A sandwich from Big Ban, and a view of one of the oldest buildings in Besancon!

So many delicious pastries!

So many delicious pastries!

I can honestly say that my first week has been great! Although, I am still getting used to the buses, paying for laundry and cooking more on my own, I am grateful for the opportunity to challenge myself.  I am still in shock that I am fulfilling one of my goals and that I have the priviledge to study in another country. I am in my “study abroad high” according to one of my good friends.  And of course, I cannot forget the wonderful women that are making this journey for me more enjoyable! Without them I would not have been able to get around town, have lots of laughs and overall make this trip very memorable.

My first home cooked meal!

My first home cooked meal!

The 4 Muskeeters on a voyage!

The 4 Muskeeters on a voyage!

Stay tuned for more awesome stories!

Bonjour! My name is Luisanna and I am majoring in communcations with a concentration in public relations and double minoring in French and international relations. I will be studying abroad in Besancon, France improving my French and immersing myself into the culture. Studying abroad has always been a dream of mine and I want to share my experiences with you all.