Et Voilà, France in One Week!!!

The baguettes, the cheeses, the wine, the Eiffel Tower and its landscape are some of my favorite aspects of France.  Since my first French class in high school, I had always dreamed of one day visiting the beauitful country. Now that I have the opportunity in college, I am beyond excited to fulfill my dream and goal in less than a week to be in Besancon, France. These last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of different emotions from sadness to excitement, thinking is this really happening?  The feeling of surrealism goes through my mind because I know that this experience will challenge me and open my mind to different ideologies and cultures.

Besides thinking about how surreal this experience is going to be, I have been preparing for my trip and spending time with my family and friends. I recently spent the day with my little sister and we had a great time! A sister’s bond is unique and strong and I know that while I am away, we will still keep our great connection especially with today’s advanced technolgy.

My sister and I having a blast!

My sister and I having a blast!

Lastly, I can finally say that I am done with shopping for my trip! At first I thought it was going to be an easy task to buy clothes and other necessities but it was quite difficult! Sometimes I had too many choices, which is good and bad but it in my case it was bad because it took me a long time to make my decisions! Once I finished shopping, it was time to pack. I am not the best packer in the world but thanks to my mom I managed to pack within a day. At first it was challenging because I had to prioritize what I wanted to bring with me and balance all my belongings in my one luggage, a carryon and a small bookbag.  Alas, it was all finished and I couldn’t have felt more relieved and the feeling of leaving to France started to sink in even more.

Ready for France!

Ready for France!

I can imagine myself already in France looking at the Eiffel Tower, eating lots of different kinds of cheese and baguettes while sipping on some of the best wine that this world has to offer. And this will all come to reality next Tuesday!

Bonjour! My name is Luisanna and I am majoring in communcations with a concentration in public relations and double minoring in French and international relations. I will be studying abroad in Besancon, France improving my French and immersing myself into the culture. Studying abroad has always been a dream of mine and I want to share my experiences with you all.