I Don’t Want to Go Home! I Just Got Here!

Hello!

This is my second to last day of my month abroad. Friday is the last day of class, and then Saturday we set out for the states. I cannot believe how fast this month has gone. It feels like just yesterday we got here and were trying to get settled. When I first got here, I didn’t really know anyone, and the people I hung out with the first few days really helped me adjust. Now, I have a solid group of friends whom I absolutely love. Its amazing how close you can get to people in such a short time when you spend every waking moment with them. It makes me sad to think I won’t get to see them everyday for the rest of the summer, but a couple of the girls I’m friends with go to New Paltz, so I’m looking forward to having new friends this semester.

Classes are winding down (tomorrow is the last day) so I have a couple essays I have to write still…Then I have one final and I am free from class! Not that I can complain though. Class has actually been one of my favorite things about summer study abroad. I got to experience so many cool trips and places, and I enjoyed experiencing a classroom setting in a different country.

Tomorrow night the school is throwing us a farewell dinner in a hotel. It is supposed to be pretty fancy- three course meal, dancing. It was described to us as “summer school prom”. I’m excited because it will be an awesome way to spend our last night in London together.

While I’m incredibly sad to be leaving this country that I have become really accustomed to, I’m ready to go home (I think). I really miss my family, my dog, and my boyfriend. I miss my room, my bed, and my bathroom. The past couple of times I have spoken to my family has really made me miss them. If I could bring everyone I miss over here to London, then I think I would never leave.

The experiences I have had in London, along with the people I have gotten to experience them with, has made me so grateful for this trip. Never in a million years would I have ever thought I would be doing any of the stuff I had done this past month. I have been given a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am so thankful I got to share it with wonderful people, and make wonderful memories.

Till next time London…

~Maddie 🙂

Maddie Spero is a psychology major with a concentration in Industrial-Organizational Psychology. She is excited to study abroad in London, England. She cannot wait to experience and learn about another culture.