June 24 – Jukjeon Campus to Cheonan!

Two Campuses. Why I am going to Cheonan Campus. Pros and Cons.

It was great to come back to Jukjeon campus – before I go further, Dankook University has two campuses. One in Jukjeon, closer to Seoul but it is in the Gyeonggi-Do province. While the other campus, Cheonan, in the South Chungcheong province. The past few days I spent in Jukjeon was great because I was able to spend time with friends that I made last year, and I was able to meet the new comers.

Since I stayed at the Jukjeon campus last year and spent many of my weekends or after class time at Seoul and traveling in that city, I thought it would be good to spend this year in a different setting. I heard mixed comments about the Cheonan campus, but none the less, everyone who went to Cheonan said that it was a great experience.

Some Pros I heard:
1) The air conditioning works all the time in the dorms.
2) You experience more parts of Korea.
3) There is a smaller group going to Cheonan campus, thus more bonding.
4) There is no hill at Cheonan campus, so there is no need for hiking!
5) Beautiful lake!

Some Cons I heard:
1) Mosquitoes/Bug problems.
2) Farther away from Seoul.

Right now I am sitting in a Korean 0.1 and am excited to be going to Cheonan campus in a few hours. 24 hours from now, I’ll be meeting my class that I will be spending the English Village with. The anxiety.

Next Post shall be about the first day in Cheonan!

Till then.
안녕~

Currently a junior who is double majoring in communications and digital media management and programming. After studying abroad before, she discovered that it is vital to keep in touch with the world around her and beyond.