Getting Ready to Leave

I’m feeling many different emotions as my departure date for London gets closer. I leave in exactly one week and a day! I haven’t started packing yet because why not do everything last minute…however, I have started getting the essentials ready. I’ve gotten last minute things like a couple extra t-shirts, I ordered a power adapter from Amazon. I also have to teach my parents how to FaceTime so that I can talk to them when I’m gone. I’m still working this week (I work at a pizzeria), but my last shift is Friday so that I have a few days before I leave to myself.

I don’t even feel like I’m leaving in a week. I feel like I have done so much to prepare for this trip (filling out forms, reading information, etc), but it doesn’t feel like I’m actually going! I’m so unbelievably excited, but at the same time I’m a little nervous! I have never really been outside America (with the exception of Bermuda) so I don’t know what to expect. I’m really looking forward to experiencing lifestyles and cultures that I am not accustomed to, and haven’t even really been exposed to.

But for now, I am just going to enjoy the last week by spending it with my family and friends 🙂

Maddie Spero is a psychology major with a concentration in Industrial-Organizational Psychology. She is excited to study abroad in London, England. She cannot wait to experience and learn about another culture.