Last week in Cardiff & being back in NYC…

Hey all, wow it’s been a WHILE, and so much has happened. For one I am back home from Cardiff, Wales and I’m still winding down from my trip. Yesterday, Sunday, December 28 marked my official week being back in the states, and I must say nothing has changed. I came home and everything was the same, I don’t why I thought it will be different but I did. Shortly after being home it didn’t take long for me to miss Cardiff. Being in the Cardiff for three and a half months was everything I had hoped it would be and more. It was an experience that reassured my independence and self-reliance. Being in a country alone allowed me to not always depend on others and to go out and create my own adventures. So that’s exactly what I did.

Before leaving I would feel uncomfortable being in a restaurant or coffee shop by myself, and being abroad taught me that being alone isn’t such a bad thing. But let me do say I did meet friends but they didn’t dictate my time in Cardiff. If I wanted to leave for the entire day and not come back till late then I did so, safely of course. My last week was a bit hectic because I was trying to finish three essays but it didn’t really work out that way so I just decided to enjoy my last moments in Cardiff–pictures will follow at the end of this post. 

As of Sunday, it has been a week since I have been back in the states and things are slowly coming back to normal. But there are some things that I want to incorporate into my life back in the states but I find myself slipping back into my “old” self. Being abroad has taught me how important it is to get out and see the world around you whether in your neighborhood, city, or across the Atlantic Ocean. This trip has definitely heightened my interest in traveling. 

Going abroad has made me more interested in exploring the world I live in a bit more and experiencing things I have never done before. As I let my bank account rest a bit before I start my new adventure there are some things I want to accomplish before I travel more. One of those things is getting my license and hopefully getting a car and planning my first road trip. Along with that hopefully next summer my family and I would be able to take our first trip together out of the country. My motto before leaving was ‘No regrets.’ I am proud of all the decisions I have made thus far in regards to studying abroad. This has been a learning experience that has helped me grow more as a person.