Extreme sports abroad

Throughout the semester, I have traveled around Ecuador sightseeing and learning about the culture. One thing I did not expect to do on this trip was some extreme sports. I was able to travel to a city called Baños. It is a place where travelers go and have some extreme fun. Baños is 5 hours east from Guayaquil and is located in the center of the country. It is also known as the adventure capital of Ecuador. In Baños, I was able to canopy (zip line), whitewater raft, and canyoning (repelling from waterfalls). Participating in these activities was the most thrilling moments in my life. It is nothing like being in a roller coaster ride for a few seconds. I was very impressed at my abilities and my willingness to actually participate in these activities. It was a lot of fun and hope to do that and other sports once more next semester.

While in Baños, I was able to meet a lot of people from all over the world.  I meet an awesome couple from Iceland who were backpacking all of South America. It was really cool meeting them because they had lots of stories to share with us about their travels and Iceland of course. After meeting them and many other amazing travelers from all over the world, I was inspired. I was inspired to continue traveling. It has inspired me to finish school, save up money, and travel travel travel. I am in awe with people who are young and have already traveled to different parts of the world. They have really taught me great values in life. I think that if you have the time and the willingness to travel and learn about cultures, it will only make you a better person. You become more open minded and just an overall amazing person. I know that I have to take advantage of this time period in my life, and I will!