St. Patrick’s Day!

St. Patrick’s Day in France was actually pretty awesome. I had class all day, which was not fun obviously. I easily broke the “anguish” of work by having a large Guinness upon returning back to my dorm. Afterwards, we went out to dinner at this placed called “100 Patates” (100 potatoes): all he cooks for dinner is potato variations. Oh my god was it delicious. We got a student price, which also included salad and a dessert…it was incredibly filling. The first dish is what Carrie and Tessa each got – three cheese! The second and third photo are of my potato – curry, chicken, raisins and grilled onions with a very light curry-cream sauce. It is one of the most delicious things in Besançon.

After an incredibly filling dinner, we went out to Madigan’s Irish Pub, in spirit of the evening, and had Guiness. After some time there, we switched to another Irish Pub, Kilarney’s, to finish off the night with Guiness and Kilkenny’s – both very delicious beers. We unfortunately missed the “free” gigantic Irish hat giveaway, but I did end up with several cool Kilarney’s cups in spirit of the evening. I essentially didn’t take any pictures since I was much too busy enjoying the evening!

The hats we unfortunately missed

– Matt Lipinski

Next ArticleTaxi Madrileño