There’s no place like home, for the holidays..

Posted by Alex at 12:23 am on Friday, December 16, 2011
Filed under General

but Japan is a close second.

With Thanksgiving past and Christmas right around the corner, I am realizing that this is my first holiday season away from home. I recently thought for the very first time since being here “Yeah, I would like to be home right now.” I certainly feel a little homesick and miss my family very much, but being the optimist that I am, I try and put a positive spin on it.

Instead of being sad that I am not able to be with my family this year, I am instead thankful that I have such an amazing family to even miss this much. I know plenty of people who are away from home and never even seem to miss it at all. I take my feelings of homesickness as a testament to how lucky I am to have such a wonderful and loving family. My parents allowing me the opportunity to come here is something that I will never really be able to truly express my gratitude for. (Mom, maybe now I know a little more how you felt that one summer in Vermont.) I am incredibly lucky to have such amazing people in my life, and I can not wait to see them again!

The last few weeks have been quite eventful here in Tokyo. I joined another frisbee team, went to another tournament at fuji (Where the 2 best frisbee players from the States happened to be, awesome), hiked up a beautiful mountain, went to the Tokyo Motor show, and made some awesome new friends. My time here seems to be flying by, but I am determined to make the most of it!

My best friend Brian from New York is coming to visit me in 2 weeks!!! By best friend I mean the kind of friend who would come all the way to Japan to visit you. Again, I have the most amazing people in my life.

If this isn’t nice, what is?

» Comment on this post!

No Comments

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.