Visitors!!

Posted by Molly Jo at 12:32 am on Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Filed under General

My mom and sister just spent an awesome week here with me!  We only travelled out of Oviedo as far as Gijon to go to the beach, but I had so much fun showing them this beautiful city.  We had AMAZING weather and it was dry all week long!  Of course it started raining as I walked home from accompanying them to the bus stop on the night they left.  It seemed like Asturias was laughing at me, like the rain had just been playing hide and seek for the week and was ready to show it’s face once again once the outsiders were gone.  Sort of like how siblings are so sweet and polite in public and anytime a stranger remarks how good they are you think “well you can have them then” but I digress….

It was a beautiful sunny day when we went to the beach, but while some locals thought it was sunny enough to sunbathe sans clothing, we three opted to keep all of our clothes on, including pants and jackets as the breeze could be quite chilly.  Another day we went up to the summer palace and church that were built  in the 800′s (yes, you read that right!  These are pre-romanesque buildings!) for the king, called Santa María del Naranco and San Miguel de Lillo. 

I was so glad to be able to share this place with them, as there are only so much that pictures and words can do. 
(as always, click on the pictures to make them bigger!)

» Comment on this post!

No Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI