History and Travels

So, now that my stay in the UK is almost over, so are my travelling adventures. I’ve been to Denmark, Sweden, Italy, and Ireland.

My first, and my favorite trip, was Italy. I have some family who vacation on the Amalfi coast for months at a time. I brought one of my friends with me, and we were only there for a few days during a weekend in early October. Italy is, hands down, the most beautiful place I have ever been. The view of the Mediterranean sea, the food, the gelato.

My family’s villa in Positano was straight out of a magazine. My room had its own balcony, and the view I had was insane. The sea stretched to the horizon. If I leaned out my balcony a little, and looked to the right, the Siren Islands looked back at me. Yeah, the islands from the ancient epic Odyssey. 

I think, out of everything, seeing the islands ever day was my favorite thing about Italy. Yeah, swimming in the Mediterranean sea was amazing. Yes, the gelato was life changing. But seeing the Siren Islands, which are part of a story that’s over centuries old, is something that still amazes me. In the US, that kind of history doesn’t really exist. In Europe, especially in Italy, that history is everywhere.

Once I leave, Italy is definitely going to be the place that I dream about going back to.

I'm studying film production at Kingston University in London, England. I love traveling, cats, and all types of food.