Traveling Throughout Spain and Europe

This trip has been truly the adventure of a lifetime. I have been able to travel around Spain to Barcelona, Cadiz, Valencia, El Escorial, Toledo and next weekend to Granada. My travels have not stopped there though! I was able to travel to Morocco, Copenhagen, Paris, Budapest, Sweden, and Berlin as well. I never in my life thought I would be able to see so many beautiful places. Traveling in Spain taught me so much about their culture, in Valencia I went to Las Fallas which is a tradition in which they make these huge caricatures and burn them to celebrate the changing of the seasons. Its a huge festival that lasts a week long with fireworks in the streets and music and processions everywhere. It was so beautiful and amazing to see their whole community come together to create such an awesome show for people from all over the world to see.

This was my friends and I in the crowd waiting for the burning of the caricatures.

Each neighborhood within the city makes there own caricature they are on almost every corner of the city and burn one after another this was one of the larger ones

Burning of the Caricature
In the main square they have the biggest caricature in this picture you can see the whole crowd watching as it burns

In Cadiz we went to carnival which was where everyone dressed up and there was music and dancing and partying in the streets of the beautiful city of Cadiz.

My friends and I all dressed up for Cadiz

My trip to Morocco was proabably my favorite trip so far. We spent a night in tents in the Sahara Dessert and went quading and sand boarding through the dunes. We went to a few different cities throughout Morocco and learned a lot about their culture and way of life I really learned a lot from that trip and so so many beautiful sights!

Making our way to the city where the movie Gladiators was filmed

I can’t believe how cheap and easy it was for me to get flights to my other destinations. Some flights were as cheap as 14 Euros through Easyjet and Ryanair. I now have a thirst for traveling. After my study abroad is over I will certainly come back to travel more throughout Europe and all around the world!

Katelyn, I major in digital media production and minor in Journalism. I am ready to set forth on my biggest adventure yet, to learn all about the Spanish culture. I can’t wait to study film and journalism from a whole different perspective. It has always been a dream of mine to travel the world and this is the first step in fulfilling my dreams.