Preparing for NEW ZEALAND!

Unlike many of my abroad New Paltz peers, I have quite a late start to my upcoming semester! It is now finally one week before I leave for New Zealand and I couldn’t be more excited! This is the first time I ever left the country spare Canada. What better way to kick of my traveling experiences than going all in and traveling to the complete opposite side of the globe for 6 months!

For the past 3 weeks I haven’t been able to feel emotions for my trip. Being home for 2 months had me feeling kind of blobbish, but the adrenaline has really started kicking in over the past couple of days. One full week left in America and I’m getting all my ducks in a row so I don’t have to run around last minute.

I’m truly so excited to be in a new country. There will be so much so see and experience. I am also very excited to observe the differences between New Zealand and America. As a psychology major, I study people. One key aspect of psychology is keeping in mind cultural differences between any two people. In my blog I will be mentioning observations like this!

I can’t WAIT until next Friday! Until next time! Cheers!

I'm a psychology major focusing on art therapy as well as gender and sexuality studies. I've never left the country before aside from a couple of trips to Canada, so going to New Zealand for an entire semester is a huge jump for me! I find leisure in art, music, beaches, outdoor activities, and writing. I hope to incorporate my interests in art, gender, and sexuality in my future and I will be observing these key elements especially while abroad!