Pre-departure to London, Winter Intercession 2016

Monty Python, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull…

Ever since I was a kid, it seems everything I loved and gravitated to came out of British culture. It’s been a lifelong dream to visit London. Today, that dream comes true!

I am a graduate student in the Painting program at SUNY New Paltz. It is thanks to my good fortune of working two internships this past semester, that I was able to raise the funds for this trip. Previously, I’d thought of myself as a person who simply didn’t have the means.

Words cannot adequately express how much I look forward to the total immersion in contemporary art and history that this ancient city has to offer. Having taken many classes previously with Professor Cheng, I am confident that we are in good hands and will get the full spectrum of art.

I am especially looking forward to Tate Modern and the British Museum.

Stay Tuned…

Pacione is a native Hudson Valley fine artist and poet who has been writing poetry for nearly two decades, reading her impassioned work throughout New York since 1995, and oil painting since 2010. Her poetry and paintings center around the complexities of the human subconscious and how dreams manifest in life on the surface. She is currently pursuing a MFA in Painting at SUNY New Paltz.