coming to terms with heading home

I’ll be back in the states one week from today. Part of me is super excited to return home to see my family and to just be home, especially for the holidays; however I know that I will miss the freedom I have here, the culture, and most importantly the many friends I have made here. I am just so burnt out right now with studying. My big mistake for this semester was taking major upper division courses. I have found the academics to be really, really challenging here. And I am not the only one. A lot of my international friends think the same exact thing. Maybe it is the fact that some of the professors don’t speak English well, or the fact that the finals are with 60%. And if you fail the final, the only thing that you can do is take a retake exam in June that is worth 100%. But really, who is going to book a $1000 dollar plane ticket to return to Spain just to take a final exam?
On the bright side I am excited for this weekend. Since most of the girls I have met here are returning home next week we have all decided to go out to dinner this upcoming Friday night. A few tears might be shed…I also plan on visiting Escorial this Saturday as my last trip before I leave. And then I’ll finish up a project and pack, pack, pack. It may be a challenge to fit everything in my suitcase and kept it under the weight limit.
Anyways, blogging is my procrastination. I want to take some time to share a link I have found on the internet in relation to studying abroad in Europe.

BuzzFeed: Signs You Studied Abroad In Europe

Now it’s back to the books…..

Tiffany will be studying Business and Spanish at Universidad Carlos III in Madrid, Spain. She hopes to improve her Spanish skills during her time abroad, meet new friends, try a lot of new and exotic foods, travel, and experience different cultures while taking many photos along the way.