Oh la la…vive la cuisine français!!!

One of the many reasons I was very excited to study abroad in France was because of their FOOD!  French food has this reputation of being one or of course the french would say the best cuisine in the world. From my experiences thus far, I must say French food is AMAZING!! From the cheeses to the magnificent wines to the delicious baguettes.

The french are not big breakfast eaters, most french people eat a pastry and some expresso or tea, it’s that simple and quite filling.  In the mornings I usually eat a warm, buttery croissant and tea and I am ready to start my day!

Capture

Chocolate crossiant with cappucino!

Delicious Pastries!

Delicious Pastries!

But French food differs depending where you go but one thing is for sure: it will be nothing short of delicious!! In Paris, I had a croque madame which is basically a sandwich with ham, swiss cheese , butter and a sunny side egg on top. Words cannot describe how great it tasted with only using simple ingredients.

The delicious croque madame!

The delicious croque madame!

A couple of weeks ago, I was fortunate to take a trip down to the south of France specifically Nice. Nice was such a vibrant and warm city with a variety of indulgent foods! One of my friends had an entrée called coq au vin which translates to rooster in wine sauce. We both shared an indulgent dessert that had chocolate ice cream and whip cream!

Coq au vin !

Coq au vin !

indulging in chocolate heaven

indulging in chocolate heaven

I can honestly say that I have been indulging frequently in the french cuisine and I am loving it!! Stayed tuned for future tasty posts!!

Bonjour! My name is Luisanna and I am majoring in communcations with a concentration in public relations and double minoring in French and international relations. I will be studying abroad in Besancon, France improving my French and immersing myself into the culture. Studying abroad has always been a dream of mine and I want to share my experiences with you all.