A Little Detour

So, instead of heading back to the U.S, a couple of my friends and decided to explore Spain. We decided to go from Madrid to Ibiza to Barcelona, spending about four to five days in each city. I fell more and more in love with Spain by the day. We decided to use AirBnb instead of hostels and hotels since we needed to accommodate for five to eight people in each city, also it was the cheapest choice. Barcelona has been my most favorite city I visited, the people and atmosphere was beyond amazing. Spain was very welcoming and I felt right at home. I have to visit again in the near future.

This whole trip was surreal, I could not believe I had to return to the U.S. I did not want to come back to reality. I had to soak up everything this country had to offer and go hard with shopping and pictures. I dreaded packing and entering the airport. Saying goodbye to my new friends was the hardest. Some unexpected tears shed. This whole trip has been nothing short of amazing and it is not something you can simply tell others, you must live through it to truly understand the perks of traveling. I am eternally grateful for my family for supporting me to go on this trip and the professors and friends I have met on this journey.

Christina Wang is a finance major with a minor in law along with a strong artistic background. She is very excited to head to Italy this summer and assimilate into their culture and arts.