Home

I made it home. The flight was exhausting. I didnt end up sleeping for nearly 50 hours due to terrible seating on planes and ridiculous layovers in Dallas. In addition – I missed my flight from NYC to Syracuse because of the layovers and the tickets were non refundable. A family member ended up driving the 5 hours down to the city to get me where I had to drive the 5 hours back after my massive flights. Tired. But I made it home.

Since being home – it has all been very exciting for me. I anticipated feeling so lost here – which it still is the same dead end town.. but I see it in a very different light. I never realized how beautiful it is here.. it feels really weird and nice to see something you’ve seen a million times – but see it like you’re seeing it for the very first time. It keeps blowing my mind.

I have been working non stop since I have been home however.. so it is really a big change of pace to switch to. It is boring, repetitive and exhausting. 3 things I have not been for the past 6 months. I’m trying to get into the swing of things – without falling back into the same motion I used to swing in.

Anyway..this has been fun.. I have no words for my gratitude to New Paltz for their hand in getting me to Australia. My study abroad experience in Melbourne Australia was all they try and prepare you for it will be and more. It has laid the foundation for my future travel experiences as I am now confident in my abilities to branch out on my own. I will be forever grateful to New Paltz, Melbourne, and the study abroad program for helping to gift that to me as I know it will heighten every experience I have in the future as I look at it in an entirely new light. I cannot wait to go back to Australia someday – those coast lines are like my second home. Thanks.

My name is Mariah Munger and I am an Art Education major! I am spending the Spring 2015 semester abroad in Melbourne, Australia, and could not be more excited. I hope to explore, learn, and inspire others to take a big step into this amazing world we live in each day.