South Korea… Here I Come!

In exactly two weeks I will be in South Korea. Up to this point I have felt nothing but excitement. It still doesn’t seem real that I will be leaving the country and traveling across the world for the very first time. I have never been outside the United States before so I have no idea what to expect. My parents have only flown once so they hardly have any traveling experience either. For the past few weeks I have been arguing with my mom about how many suitcases I should bring. I am flying with KoreanAir and they allow each passenger to bring two bags, but my mom thinks I should only bring one. I understand her point, but it’s hard to fit everything in one, especially shoes! Last week I did a “pre-packing” trial. I decided this would be a good idea because it would help me eliminate anything I don’t have room for and let me know if I will have extra room to bring souvenirs home. Luckily, I am studying abroad over the summer so all of my clothes are small and light. I decided to pack as much as I can in my main suitcase and use a smaller, second one as my carry on. I will put my backpack in my carry on for any extra room I need when I come home. Now all I can do it wait. I’m hoping the next two weeks fly by!

Hi! My name is Andrea and I am currently a junior at SUNY New Paltz. My major is Early Childhood and Childhood Education with a concentration in English. I have always had an interest in traveling so I could not pass up the opportunity to study abroad! I was actually born in Korea, but adopted as a baby so I have never been and don't know too much about the Korean culture. I'm excited to learn as much as I can while having the time of my life!