All Ready(I Hope)

Well here we go, the time has actually come. All summer I have been waiting somewhat anxiously to finally get on the plane and go. Finally now the time has come. Everything seems to be all packed up and all the paperwork is hopefully done, all that needs to happen is the actual flight and before I know it I’ll be halfway across the world immersed in another culture.
           For those of you who are reading this and don’t know me, here is a quick  glimpse of who I am. I am currently a junior at SUNY New Paltz and I am double majoring in International Relations and Sociology. I Live in upstate NY and have always enjoyed traveling abroad. I think that may be one of the reasons why when people ask me if it will be safe in Cairo, I kind of shrug and smile at them. Having traveled to Beirut Lebanon and other places such as Costa Rica and throughout Europe, I feel I am truly ready to Live abroad for four months, and study in the part of the world I am most interested in. I am enjoying the comfort of my room at home and the next time I post here, I Will hopefully have some great pictures and better stories to tell. But for now, I still have one more night in my bed. As for tomorrow though, the travels begin!

Alexander, a junior, is double majoring in Sociology and International Relations. He is very excited to study in Cairo and learn more about the culture and language.