Lyon

Oops…completely forgot to add a post about Lyon…so here it is!

Friday, March 4, I went to Lyon for the day. It was only about 2.5 hrs by train…not bad. In Lyon, there are not too many awesome things : actually, it is a big village and that’s pretty much it. It wasn’t boring or ordinary, but it wasn’t incredibly impressive either.

Anyway, I had a good time. I arrived around 11 a.m., and I ate a café, near the train station, that had a ton of choices of green tea (obviously that was awesome for me). I got a sandwich that ended up being just salame…literally just bread and meat. It didn’t suck, but I was disappointed; still, it was delicious. There were two British tourists at the café who didn’t speak French, so I had to help them out a little with ordering food and drinks.

Across from the train station, there’s a huge shopping mall, so I went there. I tried on some clothes, I searched for stuff…blah, blah, blah.

After 3 p.m., I found this huge park, the “Parc de la Tête d’Or.” Damn it was awesome. At the entrance, there are two houses on each side of you, each with crazy exotic plants. On the left, there are plants from Madagascar, South America, the Amazon, etc. To the right, there is this simulated desert place with plants from Mexico, South America, etc. (like cacti, aloe vera plants, agave plants, etc.)

Further into the park, there is a huge lake where people can rent boats and tandem kayak-things to ride on the lake. Also, I saw a ton of animals…there’s a small zoo in the park! There were elephants, monkeys, giraffes, and other animals. Oh yeah, and there was a rosary there too; I won’t lie, it smelled awesome in there.

After the park, I went back to the shopping mall and saw a film (in French of course), and then, I returned to Besançon by train.

Photos of Lyon

Next ArticleSt. Patrick's Day!