Breaking through the Writer’s Block

The first of the many blogs to come, this one was the trickiest to start. My name is Ashley Peters, and I am an Environmental Geoscience major at SUNY New Paltz, trying to get over a bit of writer’s block. However, once this blog is posted, I’m sure the others will come more easily.
    Amid working full time over the break at a local grocery store in my town, finishing up tedious projects around the house (such as completing the task of painting the upstairs), and cooking/baking the promised treats and dishes for everyone, my winter break has been quite busy.  Fortunately, I have still found some time to research and explore the much anticipated Curtin University, near Perth, Australia, where I will be staying for the next five months.  Through books, movies and the internet I have tried to familarize myself with some history, politics, geology and culture/lifestyles of Australia, Perth and Curtin University, so that I am not completely ignorant when I arrive overseas.  I realize; however, that a great majority of what I will learn will not be encountered until I am actually there and interacting with everything around me.

The last few weeks have been especially busy, as I have begun to really prepare for my trip.  Both physically and mentally strenuous, this is only the prep, and therefore only the beginning of what is to come.  At this time, I am free to say that I am prepared for almost anything, and am more than willing to take this new step in life, so that I may embrace all of the new experiences to come, both the fun and exciting, and the difficult and scary.   

For the meantime, I still have a great deal of tasks to finish and loose ends to tie up at home before I begin my estimated 33hour journey.  Tonight some friends are coming over for dinner, so I have a lot of cooking and preparing to do before then!  Until next time…~Ashley

Next Articledefying gravity!